Sunday 2 September 2007

Photos from 2001 .......

..........'twas going thru some photos over the past few days and came across three of them that were taken of me just a couple of weeks before I was diagnosed with cancer. Looking back I can see how devastating this disease is on the body. Yes, there are many that do not survive - and many that die young. But I am forever grateful that with the love and support of John, my family, my friends and especially my work colleagues at the Genetic Centre at the Royal Melbourne Hospital I was one of the lucky ones that did survive.




I had stage 2 breast cancer with secondaries in the lymph glands diagnosed on June 22 2001, I underwent surgery 7 days later, then 6 months of chemotherapy and 6 weeks of radiotherapy.

These photos were taken in May of 2001 when we went to visit Janine (our daughter) in Brisbane.

So as I sit here in Singapore 6 years later looking at these photos ....... I do realise how lucky I am to have my health and the love of friends and family.

No comments: