Monday 17 March 2008

cardio workout today......


cardio workout today......
Originally uploaded by Leone Fabre.


Trying to keep fit by spending at least one hour in the gym about 3 times a week.

I usually spend 20 - 30 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes on the bike, 20 minutes of stretches, weights etc. The first 10 minutes on the treadmill is at 5.7 klms per hour on grade 5, then for the next 8 - 10 minutes I increase to 6 klms per hour at grade 10, by then I am starting to struggle so bring it back down to 5.7 klms at grade 5 until I am finished.

When we lived in Australia we both did a lot of walking, in fact we walked to work and from work each day, plus we had 43 stairs in our home and we were up them about 15 - 20 times a day......so I had my fair share of exercise. But here in Singapore with the heat and high humidity, we don't do near as much walking as we should. We walk our two dogs about 5 times a day, but we are only out for about 10 - 15 minutes and of course we need to stop at each tree or post!!!

This year as well as being in the pool every morning I have decided to spend time at the gym......yes, I have a lifestyle coach once a week and his name is Lewis. He keeps me motivated and sends messages to me wanting to know what I have done for the day or how am I feeling,

I dare not tell a lie!!!

1 comment:

Nico said...

Hej Leone,
it sounds great! And as a neighbour I can tell that you're not telling lies.
Great that it worked out with Lewis!
Keep up the good spirits,
Nico